Planning an Alaskan cruise? Congratulations! We are sure that you will find the calving glaciers, miles of untouched wilderness, whales and orcas, and ice cliffs truly awesome sights to behold. For even well seasoned world travelers find these and other sites differ from any journey they have ever taken in the past. So, to best help you optimize your enjoyment of the “Last Frontier,” we have put together the top 5 Alaska cruise tips for your first voyage. Hopefully, these tips will ensure smooth sailing.
- Begin planning your cruise now: The sooner you begin planning your cruise in the Tracy Arm Fjord the more likely you are to get a good rate. You are also more likely to get the cabin you desire by booking your trip as soon as possible.
- Don’t forget to pack binoculars: The sights of Alaska truly are spectacular – day or night. Therefore, no traveler should be without a good set of binocular so that he or she does not miss a single wild creature, or the stunning Alaskan coast. Finally, the best thing about binoculars is that they can be purchased for a relatively low cost and are available in a great many stores both on and offline.
- Know which cabin type you prefer: This will depend a great deal on your budget. However, you may wish to consider a couple of things before you choose an exterior or interior cabin. An exterior cabin will give you the best view of the outdoor scenery possible. On the other hand, you may wish to choose an interior cabin if you are prone to sea sickness.
- Pick your cruise line wisely: Choosing the right cruise line will mean the difference between enjoying and getting the most out of your excursion and perhaps having a miserable time. Adventure Bound provides a safe and comfortable environment in which our experienced crew strives to make sure you enjoy. We are also environmentally responsible and make sure that guests know how important it is to keep this region unspoiled.
- Layer your clothes during the day: When you are on deck, be sure to layer your clothing. Temperatures during the day can range 40 degrees within a day. Layering your clothes will give you the option of removing garments should you or the weather warm up.
We hope these tips will help you on you as you travel the Tracy Arm inlet in Alaska! Do you have your own cruise tips? Let me us below so that first timers can get the most out of our great state!